Our years working with WordPress have led us to some interesting challenges and solutions. This section was created through our experience and knowledge. We hope you find these guides helpful.
It is relatively easy to get WordPress up an running it takes more skill to fine-tune WP so it operates at maximum performance. Our guides will get you there.
Topics include SEO Best Practices, Hosting Company Interviews, WP Hosting Basics, Different types of Hosting.
- Professional Tips On Choosing A WordPress Theme
- What’s The Difference Between WordPress.com And WordPress.org?
- How Do You Use WordPress For Podcasts?
- Moving Your WordPress Website: Quick And Easy Steps
- Choosing A Host For Your WordPress Sites
- The Best Content Delivery Networks For WordPress Hosting
- What’s Best For You: Hosted Or Self Hosted WordPress Hosting?
- Finding An Effective Hosting Provider For Your WordPress Blogs And Websites
- Advantages Of Using An Image Hosting Service For Your WordPress Blog
- WordPress Hosting Themes That Are Perfect For Resellers
We have installed WordPress hundreds of times on all kinds of hosts. So it was an easy step to turn this knowledge into step-by-step install guides and videos. We have included the most popular WP installation methods at the best hosting companies.
Hosting companies included are HostGator, Bluehost, Rochen and Site5.
- How to Install WordPress at HostGator
- Install WordPress Using HostGator QuickInstall
- Install WordPress at HostGator Using Fantastico
- Install WordPress at Rochen Using Fantastico
- How to Install WordPress at Site5
- Install WordPress at Site5 Using Fantastico
- Install WordPress using Bluehost SimpleScripts
- Install WordPress at Bluehost
- How to install WordPress at Rochen
WordPress design and layout is crucial in how visitors perceive and experience your site. Which is why it is so important to get it right. Our design guides have the expertise to help you avoid the “Classic Blog” look and get it right also.
Topics cover WP Templates, Icons, improved usability layouts and freebies. Our editors have formal education in design and layout along with years of WP experience.
Making WordPress perform at it’s best is what we enjoy doing. Our performance guides will optimize your site for speed, consistency and reliability. There are tools and information available in this section that well help you keep your WordPress site running at it’s peak.
- How-To Test Your WordPress Site Speed
- The Ultimate WordPress Minification Guide
- Ultimate WordPress CDN Guide
- Specialized WordPress Hosting: Make Your Site Fast!
- Ultimate WordPress Caching Guide
- How An Uptime Monitor Helps WordPress
- Improving WordPress Performance: The Ultimate Guide
As you know not all WordPress Plugins are created equal. When we find ones that we like, we take the time to learn all the features and then create a post about the plugin.
These posts are as much for us as they are for you. They become great reference points when we need to remember exactly how a plugin works.
- WordPress Authorship Plugin: Custom About Author
- WordPress Social Sharing Plugin: Socialize
- WordPress SEO By Yoast Is The Best
- Cache WordPress With W3 Total Cache
- WordPress Automatic Database Backup
- Google Analytics and Stats for WordPress
All of the Best WordPress Plugins…
From time to time we will ask our favorite hosting companies a few questions to learn more about them and see what they have been up to.
Our interviews are a great way to learn more about their corporate culture and what values they have as well as new features and plans the company may be offering.
- WPEngine talks about their take on WordPress Hosting
- Rochen interviewed about WordPress Hosting
- Bluehost Interviewed about their WordPress Hosting
- Interview with Site5 about WordPress Hosting
We hope your find these guides helpful. Most of the guides were created after we struggled with a problem, learned the answer and then thought it could be helpful for others. If you would like to see an expert advice article created let us know, we will be happy to see what we can do.
Thanks! — Steven