The growing availability of computers and Internet access has shifted consumers from television and written publications to digital communications. This makes having a website an essential part of staying competitive.
While easy-to-use software like WordPress has made it possible for businesses to develop and maintain their own website, one key problem remains: web hosting. It is filled with intricate traps that can force a business to refer to a specialist for anything related to websites.
The good news is that web hosts offering WordPress hosting are emerging. Kahuna Host stands as one of the most accessible options, both technically and financially, for businesses. Their prices are competitive, the features they offer are plentiful, and they are constantly working on expanding their infrastructure to be able to better support the needs of growing businesses.
How does Kahuna WordPress hosting compare to services offered by other web hosts? Let’s carefully explore their web hosting services to find out.
Kahuna Host specializes in delivering an environment that fully supports WordPress websites. Understanding the strengths and weaknesses of this web host will allow you to develop more realistic expectations, which in turn will help you decide if Kahuna Host is right for your needs before you even try their services.
The thing to keep in mind with these pros and cons is that this is just a brief overview of some of the strong and weak points of Kahuna Host’s services. You should always closely inspect the features of each specific hosting package before purchasing them to ensure it meets your needs.
- Dedicated WordPress Support – Kahuna Host specializes in hosting just WordPress websites. This makes their hosting perfect for business websites and blogs, as their servers are optimized to handle functions most commonly used by WordPress. This results in more performance and a smoother website.
- Reliability and Speed – These are two attributes that any successful business website needs. Kahuna Host delivers a 99.9% uptime and a loading time that averages lower than many web hosts could hope to provide. They accomplish both of these things through the use of cloud-based server environments.
- Managed WordPress hosting – Unlike traditional web hosting environments, Kahuna Host neither requires you to act as your own support nor asks you to be an experienced webmaster. They take care of the technical details “behind the curtain”, which in turn allows you to make use of your website.
- Round-the-Clock Security – With the number of web hosts getting hacked by malicious individuals on the rise, Kahuna Host has decided to employ new security software to ensure that intrusions stay to a minimum. This keeps your website safer and makes it significantly more difficult for hackers to harm your customers.
- Server Administration Made Easy – Kahuna Host’s administration panel is one of the easiest to use. It’s offered in a way that makes beginners feel comfortable while allowing more advanced users the kind of functions they would expect to find only in a VPS or dedicated hosting environment.
- Free Website Migration – Moving your existing website to Kahuna Host is both free and easy with Kahuna Host’s free site migration.
- Only One Hosting Package Presently Offered – Kahuna Host is still in the processing of expanding their own infrastructure, which means that they are only presently offering one package. While there is no estimated amount of time with regards to the other packages or how accommodating they will be, the package they do offer is sufficient for most small to medium WordPress blogs.
- Only One Site – Another problem that arises due to Kahuna Host’s limited package choice is that you can only host one WordPress site per hosting plan. This makes Kahuna WordPress hosting unfeasible for people with multiple WordPress sites.
Kahuna Host has recently changed from a more traditional hosting environment to one that solely supports managed WordPress hosting. They are still in the motion of setting up new plans and packages for customers to use, which means that they are currently limited to the Nene plan.
Given that the Nene plan has ample resources for what it is, it is a safe assumption that the Honu and Kohala plans will be geared towards medium and large WordPress websites. They will also likely support multiple WordPress installations.
Until those other plans are released, let’s take a look at the Nene plan.
Unique to Kahuna Host is the Nene plan. It offers an excellent amount of resources for a price that stays competitive with most entry shared hosting plans that other web hosts provide.
This plan comes with 5GB of disk space and enough bandwidth to supports 25,000 visitors per day. Couple this with free daily backups, a 99.9% uptime guarantee, managed hosting and security and an intuitive admin interface to see what kind of value you’re getting from Kahuna WordPress hosting.
Though little is posted as to Kahuna Host’s server specifications, it can be assumed that they are utilizing a cloud-based server to fulfill the needs of their customers. This may provide a cost-efficient alternative for websites that could potentially face the problem of 503 errors due to traffic peaks.
This makes Kahuna’s plan excellent for small to medium businesses that are simply looking to create a digital presence. This plan gives ample opportunities for businesses to grow their website with room for expansion when Kahuna releases their other plans in the near future.
Kahuna Host’s Features
- Managed WordPress Hosting
- Cost-Efficient Services
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Room for Expansion When New Plans Launch
- Security and Support Included as Standard Services
Kahuna Host presently offers no additional services directly. While there are no plans publicly posted that they will in the future, there is a good chance that they will at least offer domain registration or refer customers to a domain registrar.
Kahuna WordPress hosting has partnered with Organic Themes to satisfy all the layout needs of their customers. These themes provide a fresh way to display your website while maximizing their compatibility across devices and operating systems.
Kahuna Host presently specializes in delivering managed WordPress hosting that accommodates small to medium businesses. This hosting offers few extras and very little flexibility, but the cost-efficiency it provides makes it perfect for businesses that just need a digital presence.
Given that Kahuna WordPress hosting is almost as low in price as do-it-yourself shared hosting from other providers, this makes Kahuna host an easy, cost-effective solution. Couple this with the fact that Kahuna Host works with a theme maker to provide customers with fresh and stylish designs, and you have a recipe for success that stays incredibly cost-effective.
Kahuna host presently has three data centers. Two are located in the United States and one is located in Amsterdam.
These data centers are made to be robust, energy-redundant and secure from physical intrusion. They all have a high degree of resistance to earthquakes and other natural disasters, which means that they provide safe places for the hardware they house.
Kahuna Host started in 2000 as an offshoot of a web design company. They noticed that their clients needed a way to reliably host their website in addition to a design that supported their business. These two vital components are what makes Kahuna Host’s services and their partnership with Organic themes unique.
Kahuna Host started as yet another hosting company. they provided shared and VPS hosting until recently. They switched to providing hosting exclusively for WordPress users, and they are in the process of expanding their hosting infrastructure so that they can accommodate businesses with a heavier demand for resources.
Most users of Kahuna Host will remark that their experience was positive, but there are a few exceptions to note.
The positive qualities of Kahuna Host reside with the speed and reliability that users experienced with regards to the performance of their websites. They also cited that the value was high for managed WordPress hosting.
While there are negative reviews, very few of them are entirely negative. The most problematic issue users encountered seems to be a few initial problems with their website, which can include everything from slow loading to the inability to access it.
Users noted that, after contacting Kahuna Host, these problems were solved. Few users have encountered similar issues, which means that this issue was likely solved.
There are three ways to contact Kahuna Host directly:
- Through Twitter by sending a message to @KahunaHost.
- By using the contact form on Kahuna Host’s website.
- Utilizing the account administration panel for current customers.
Replies using any of these avenues tend to be quick. Kahuna Host has been shown to expediently solve issues so that their customers may enjoy and recommend their services to others.
Guarantee + Cancellation
Kahuna Host offers a 45-day money-back guarantee. If you cancel your subscription before this period, you will be able to receive a full refund from Kahuna Host.
While Kahuna Host offers no other guarantees, they state in their terms of service that they may offer additional refunds on a case-by-case basis.
To cancel your service with Kahuna Host, you should log in to the user administration panel on Kahuna Host’s website. Instructions will be there for cancellation.